Tie Dye techniques
1. Wash fabric to remove any stains, spills, or oils from the fabric; let dry.
2. Mix dye according to product instructions and transfer to your bowl or other vessel. Be sure to cover your workspace to prevent staining. Also, wear rubber gloves when working with the dye.
3. Using rubber bands or twine, create your desired design on your fabric. To do: Pinch fabric in and rubber-band at intervals to create circles, as we have here.
4. Submerge napkins into the dye, letting dye seep in, then remove.
5. Let dry according to manufacturer’s instructions (designs absorb best when left overnight). Wrap your item in plastic wrap to help it maintain its moisture while drying, giving the design more time to soak in.
6. Once dry, remove the rubber bands and unfold. Rinse with cold water until the water from the napkin runs clear. Wash and dry according to dye instructions.